Gum disease or Periodontal disease is a progressively inflammatory disease of the gums and bone surrounding the teeth caused by accumulation of plaque and tartar around the teeth. It is number one cause of tooth loss. Rajesh cosmetic and dental implants clinic specializes in providing full dental treatment for periodontal surgery and gingivitis solutions at very affordable price.
Gum diseases are categorized into 4 stages, gingivitis, slight periodontal disease, moderate periodontal disease, and advanced periodontal disease. Curing gum diseases and gum infection depends on the stage at which treatment begins. The recovery time at stage one is 10-14 days.
Treatment Under Gum Treatment
Full-mouth disinfection is for the treatment of Chronic Periodontitis (gum disease) in adults. Periodontal disease affects the bone and gum that provide support for your teeth, which if left untreated can result in your teeth becoming loose and falling out.
Laser assisted periodontal surgery is one of the latest and revolutionary treatments for periodontal disease. It is an effective method to treat periodontal disease without the need for cutting and suturing. It is a non-invasive and painless procedure for treating gum disease.
Gingival flap surgery is a type of gum procedure. The gums are separated from the teeth and folded back temporarily. This allows a dentist to reach the root of the tooth and the bone. Gingival flap surgery is used to treat gum disease.
Advantages of Gum Treatment
- No cutting: Periolase doesn’t cut into your gums like surgery, which also removes the need for sutures.
- Less discomfort: Most patients find Periolase to be far less painful – during and after the procedure – than surgery. The procedure is so non-invasive that it only requires local anesthetics (numbing), as opposed to the general anesthetics (sleeping) associated with surgery.
- Shorter procedure: Periolase only takes two, 2-hour visits to complete as well as two follow-up appointments. Conversely, surgery generally requires four, 1-hour sessions along with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ins.
- Better results: We’ve found that laser treatment creates longer-lasting results. In fact, 98 percent of patients remain stable at least five years after the procedure.
- Few diet restrictions: A dentist may recommend a soft diet for a couple of days, but in most cases, patients feel healthy enough to eat anything immediately after the procedure.
- Short recovery time: Recovery from gum surgery can take between 2-4 weeks, and often includes considerable swelling and pain. Periolase’s recovery time is less than 24 hours. Many patients even find they’re able to return to work immediately following the procedure.
- Safe for all patients: Periolase is safe for all patients, including those with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as aspirin or Plavix.
It is a procedure which is called scaling in which we remove the food and stains build up on the tooth. It does not lead to any loosening of teeth.
Buy a brush with soft bristles. medium and firm one can damage teeth and gums. Use a soft pressure for 2 minutes. 2 times daily. The brush should b changed every 3 months.
Bleeding and swollen gums are a sign of gum disease for many people this is not painful early diagnosis ca help it reverse
Floss cleans the food and plaque from between the teeth and under the gum line. But it should be used only after consultation with a dentist.
Some women have gum problem at the time of puberty, menstruation, pregnancy and menopause. Pregnancy gingivitis occurs in 2nd or 3rd month of pregnancy. One should not stop brushing teeth as it is due to hormonal changes, consult your dentist.
You should visit the dentist twice a year. However there is any gum disease, your dentist may recommend more frequent visits.
Dental x Ray’s are very safe, radiation is measured in milligrams and one dental xray has 5 millirems.
A cavity is a small hole in the tooth that develops because of tooth decay. The decay destroys the tooth and results in a void space.
One cannot expect restorations to last forever but you can take care of them to increase its life. Maintain good oral hygiene and visit your dentist regularly.
Both electric and manual toothbrushes have their advantage and disadvantages but your brushing technique and frequency are much more important than what you brush with.